During the BBQ, family members gradually meandered out to the BBQ area of the Port Melbourne Bowling Club in preparation for a large family group photo. Here are some of those early ‘arriving’ photos.
Bringing together approximately 76 people was always going to be a slow but a happily relaxed process as these photos show- despite the careful directions of one family member.
The number of photos left to add to this blog from our Sunday family get together, is diminishing. Only a few more days and a few more collections of photos to be shown. Do you have any photos which you would be happy to share? If so, please email them to me at email@example.com and I will show them on this blog. If you do not want me to name you as the photographer, please let me know.
The photos below show some very special people: some
- are responsible for collecting and researching Australian Tyzack family history,
- are related to the process of ensuring our anniversary events took place,
- took photographs during the weekend of family members,
- provide an example of people who came from distant parts of Australia such as Darwin to attend the anniversary events,
- are the oldest living descendants of William Baker Tyzack who landed in Australia with his family 150 years ago in 1866,
- are the latest recipients and therefore the new caretakers of the Family Bible originally given as a wedding gift
to our ancestor William Baker Tyzack in 1852
- are supportive and close family members within this cluster of family
Four weeks ago at 9.30 am twelve family members attended the church service at Christ Church Essendon. New photos were taken that morning of some Tyzack memorabilia built into the church. Here is one of those photos.
Then we joined other family members at midday for the BBQ.
The days fly by. One month ago we met for the Cocktail Party, and tomorrow represents one month since we gathered together for the Tyzack family BBQ. Here are more photos from that Sunday.
One of the youngest of our family members turned 4 years of age on the day of our BBQ. This was robustly celebrated with heartfelt song; the sounds of Happy Birthday To You and the sight of a beautiful birthday cake alight with candles, made this little boy very happy. We were all delighted to share the occasion.
I wonder if you have already seen photos of yourself and your part of the family at the BBQ. If so, then more will be seen in this and future blog postings. If not, maybe this is the post which will be of much interest to you.
Continuing on with the photos taken at the BBQ – here is the next lot. I hope you are enjoying the daily release of a few and that you look forward to each new day to see whether your photo appears and whether the photos of others who interest you are being presented.